If there´s one certain thing in life, it´s that you will never be bored in London! Just take a look at "Time Out", the 'daddy' of all city-listings magazines to see the huge number of events and activities.
Fancy a night-out at the theatre? No problem– London is the world's theatre capital. Or what about a night out clubbing? Take your pick - London has one of the largest club scene in the world.
What about a visit to one of the world-famous museums? Or maybe dinner in a fancy restaurant? Indian, Chinese, West African, Indonesian, Mexican– the choice is endless.
Over the centuries the city has embraced so many cultures from all over the world that a visitor simply cannot take all of them in.
A must see location is Greenwich which lies on the River Thames, 20-minutes by rail, or a short river cruise from central London.
It is a lively, student-centred area with dozens of cafés, bars and clothes boutiques.
In addition to the attractive parklands alongside the River, Greenwich is world famous for being home to the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), The Royal Observatory, National Maritime Museum and the Millennium Dome.
Throughout the year students have the option to participate in extra-curricular social programs. In the summer months, many students spend their time in the parks where sports activities can be enjoyed at a variety of tennis courts, cricket pitches and woodlands.
London in a Nutshell
London lies in the south east of England and its history goes back two thousand years to when it was originally a Roman settlement, it is now the most populated city in Europe.
• Places of interest
London Eye, National Gallery, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Speakers Corner, Downing Street, St. Paul's Cathedral, Madame Tussauds.
• Cities, towns and villages nearby
Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge.
• School surroundings
Our school is located in Ealing, West London.
London is the dream destination for anyone who likes shopping. From the famous Harrods and Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge to many street markets which offer anything you can think of, there’s is something for every taste.
There is something for everyone; from theatres and comedy clubs to wild clubs for the party animals, to plenty of typical English pubs.
• Public transport facilities
The best way to get to the city centre is to take the tube (underground train) or the buses that run every few minutes.
• Getting there from the airport
Lots of bus lines will take you to Ealing and the school area. The closest bus stop is North Common Road.
From Heathrow Airport: Heathrow Connect express to Ealing Broadway station.
From Gatwick Airport: Gatwick Express train to London Victoria station, then District Line to Ealing Broadway station.
From Stansted Airport: Train going to Liverpool Street and stop at Tottenham Hale underground station, then Victoria Line towards Brixton and stop at Oxford Circus, then Central Line to Ealing Broadway.
From Luton Airport: First Capital Connect towards Brighton, get off at Farringdon, then Circle Line towards King's Cross St. Pancras, get off at Paddington and take the Heathrow Connect towards Heathrow Central to Ealing Broadway.
Taxis care available outside the arrival terminals but are quite expensive.
• 4 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable:09:00-10:45 & 11:00-12:15*
• Maximum of 15 students per class; minimum age 18 years
Intensive Course with 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: 09:00-10:45, 11:00-12:15 & 13:00-14:30*
• Maximum of 15 students per class; minimum age 18 years
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organisational requirements.
Business Course with 20 (or 30) lessons per week
• 4 (or 6) lessons business English lessons per day
• 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: 09:00 - 10:30 & 11:00 - 12:30 (& 13:00 - 14:30)*
• Maximum of 6 students per class; minimum age 18 years
One-to-One lessons with 10, 20 or 30 lessons per week
• 2, 4 or 6 lessons daily; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: To be agreed upon individually
Apartments are shared with other students from our school and have fully equipped kitchens.
• Self-catering apartments with shared kitchen and bathroom
• Single and shared double rooms
• Cleaning service periodically
• Students are requested to take care of the daily cleaning
• A cleaning service can be booked by the students for 10 GBP per hour
• Bed linen is provided; Students are requested to provide their own towels
• 5 - 15 minute walk to the school
If you wish you can also stay with an English host family. This will give you an insight into local lifestyle and the opportunity to practise English outside the classroom.
• Single and shared double rooms with English host families
• Bathroom is shared by students and host family
• Half board is included from Monday to Friday (continental breakfast plus dinner);
no evening meals on Saturdays and Sundays
• 15-35 minutes by public transport to the school
Bowling, Musical Night, carnivals and summer festivals, Pancake Day, photo and writing competitions.
Trips to Cambridge, British National Museum, Brighton, British Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds, London Eye.
There are countless sports centres and facilities to suit different tastes and budgets.
*Please note that the activities listed here are suggestions. The optional activities and excursions will be published in our school and may incur additional costs that must be paid onsite, as well as a minimum number of participants for the activities and excursions to take place.
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week
Maximum group size: 15 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 14. & 17.04.; 01. & 29.05.; 28.08., 25.12.17 - 05.01.2018.
Accommodation prices 2017
Standard apartment - double room Standard apartment - single room
Family - double room - half board Family - single room - half board
400 € 535 €
360 € 390 €
705 € 975 €
625 € 685 €
1010 € 1415 €
890 € 980 €
1315 € 1855 €
1155 € 1275 €
305 € 440 €
265 € 295 €
Seasonal surcharges per week
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
02.04.2017 18.06.2017 27.08.2017
17.06.2017 26.08.2017 30.09.2017
40 € 80 € 40 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week