Called "the City of Lights," Paris is truly one of the world's most beautiful cities. When arriving in Paris you may find the city more grand, evocative, beautiful, and stimulating than you had imagined it to be.
This capital city is made up of 20 districts or "arrondissements”. Each arrondissement has its own character and meaning for Parisians, offering an abundance of cathedrals, palaces, parks and gardens.
The art, music, theatre, fashion, literature, and architecture provide endless possibilities for language travellers from all over the world.
Paris in a Nutshell
Paris is situated in northern France in the Ile-de-France region. The city is made up of two inhabited islands, the Île Saint-Louis and the larger Île de la Cité which is the heart and origin of the city.
Our school is located in downtown Paris, the so-called Cours Rougemont.
• Special events
Paris Fashion Week (March and October), Annual Jazz Festival (May), Vintage Car Rally (May), French Open / Golf (June), Midsummer Fireworks (June), Bastille Day (July), Festival Ile-de-France (September), Paris International Photo Fair (November).
Paris has been one of the world's fashion centres for many years with big names such as Hermès, Chanel, Dior and Cartier. The department store “Les Halles” offers a subterranean shopping centre with more than 180 stores where it is possible to find reasonably-priced fashion accessories and trendy clothes. Other popular stores are “Printemps” and “Galeries Lafayette” in the 9th arroundissement. Paris has also got three main centuries-old flea markets, situated around the old gates of the city.
• Public transport facilities
The Metro, which is made up of 16 lines, is the most important mean of transportation. Trains run from approximately 05:00 am to 01:00 am every day of the year to every station of the network.
• Getting there from the airport
From the airport CDG (Charles de Gaulle International Airport): Shuttle bus “Roissybus” to the “Place de
From the airport ORY (Orly): RATP Orlybus to the metro station “Denfert-Rochereu”.
From the airport BVS
(Beauvais): Shuttlebus to “Porte Maillot” in Paris.
From the airport CDG (Charles de Gaulle International Airport): RER-train from Terminal 2 to the train station “Gare du
From the airport ORY (Orly): not recommended
From the airport BVS (Beauvais): not recommended
Taxis are available at all airports. Please ask the driver for the exact price.
Our school is located within the Cours Rougemont area right inside the historical, cultural, artistic and economic centre. Cours Rougemont lies in the 9th arrondissement and within walking distance you will find many museums, restaurants as well as little boutiques and bars.
• 8 classrooms, with access to audio-visual facilities
• Bistro with Snacks and Drinks
• A student lounge with a soft-drinks machine is available
• Free internet access and free wireless internet access
About our participants
• Italian, German, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish, Canadian, Russian, Polish, and many others
• Average age: 21.7 years
French courses in Paris
Semi-Intensive Course with 20 lessons per week
• 4 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable:09:00 - 10:30 & 11:00 - 12:30*
• Maximum of 12 students per class; minimum age 18 years
Intensive Course with 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: 09:00 - 10:30 & 11:00 - 12:30 & 13:00 - 14:30*
• Maximum of 12 students per class; minimum age 18 years
* Please note that the timetable may change due to organisational requirements.
One-to-One lessons with 10, 20 or 30 lessons per week
• 2, 4 or 6 lessons daily; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Timetable: To be agreed upon individually.
Self-catering apartments which are shared with other student and/or landlord.
• shared self-catering apartment
• fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom are shared by 5-6 students
• single and shared double rooms are available
• weekly cleaning service
• students are asked to take care of the day-to-day cleaning
• bed-linen is provided / students are requested to provide their own towels
• 15-20 minute by metro to the school
If you are interested to learn about local lifestyle and practice French outside class we recommend staying with a French host family.
• accommodation with a French host family in a single room
• bathroom is shared by students and the host family members
• breakfast is included, half board optional
• rooms are cleaned by the host family
• bed linen provided / students are requested to bring their own towels
• 20-30 minute by metro to the school
If you would like a little distance after your lessons and some time for yourself hotel accommodation is the right choice for you.
• two star hotel close to our school
• each room has a private bathroom, a TV and a telephone
• single and double rooms are available
• double rooms have to be reserved by two students who travel together
• cleaning service usually every day
• bed linen and towels are provided
• 24-hour reception
• safety deposit box
• 5 minute walk to the school
*Please note that the activities listed here are suggestions. The optional activities and excursions will be published in our school and may incur additional costs that must be paid onsite, as well as a minimum number of participants for the activities and excursions to take place.
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week
Maximum group size: 12 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 16.12.2016 - 02.01.2017; 17.04.; 01. & 08. & 25.05.; 14.07.; 15.08.; 01.11.; 15.12.17 - 08.01.18.
Accommodation prices 2016
Standard apartment - double room Standard apartment - single room
Family - double room - Breakfast Family - single room - Breakfast Family - single room - half board
Hotel - double room Hotel - single room
300 € 450 €
350 € 380 € 450 €
500 € 640 €
520 € 820 €
620 € 680 € 820 €
920 € 1200 €
740 € 1190 €
890 € 980 € 1190 €
1340 € 1760 €
960 € 1560 €
1160 € 1280 € 1560 €
1760 € 2320 €
220 € 370 €
270 € 300 € 370 €
420 € 560 €
Seasonal surcharges per week
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
26/03/2017 18/06/2017 27/08/2017
17/06/2017 26/08/2017 30/09/2017
30 € 70 € 30 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week